Friday, May 15, 2009

Thank Goodness it's Friday

Wow what a week! This week is graduation for MU and so campus is crazy busy wit students, parents, faculty that look especially spiffy today,etc. Next year at this time I will be graduating with both of my degrees - hooray and wow that is scary! Every once and a while I panic at having to find a job in this oh so great economy. I read somewhere that it take 10 years for a graduate during a recession to make the same as one who graduated during a prosperous time! 10 YEARS!!!! That is crazy to me - all those poor undergraduates taking jobs for $12 an hour - completely nuts! And so I have some anxiety about that - thus my previous post about needing a secretary at this point in the game and amazingly no takers - no one so desperate and bored out there to do it!
I now have 11 interviews complete and several others complete - I am finding interesting things and having a fun trying to figure out what it all means. I am so grateful that things are working out as well as they have. I want to be done with data collection by the end of June and move on to analysis so that I can give my silly committee lots of time to figure out what they want to change when I write it up.
So what happened this week - finished my classes - I got 2 A's and 1 B (the average of the class was an 80% and I got a 85.5% so still a B but that is OK with me). I did 4 or 5 interviews this week and set up several more. I worked at the State and mainly sat there - it was an off day - found out my immediate supervisor has been moved and found out what that means for me.
Last Saturday a friend of mine that I VT graduated from college - she is a single mom and this has been a long ride so Heather and I went and watched her graduate - just as boring as I remember. That night Alison and I celebrated her and her birthday - we had some really yummy itialian food.
Most nights I was completely tired and got home between 7-8 so not much transcribing happened - I have to force myself - I have 10 dissertation interviews and 5 or 6 other ones! The time I have is just not spent wanting to sit and type what I heard but it has to be done so it will happen.
Tomorrow I am getting up and going to the temple then to Shreya's graduation party. Her parents are here and are making us an Indian feast! Yummy - you know I will be there for that!
Not sure there is much more going on except that I have a new stupid doctor - very frustrating bad experience that I am hoping to get a new doctor instead of ever going back to him!

0 comments: