Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dissertation Update

My data collection is going really fast. If all goes as planned (the woman remember to show up) I will have 18 done by Friday night and I think I really only need 20!!!! YEAH for me! I am poor because of buying 20 gift cards for $20 each but thankfully my tax return was sufficient to cover these. I just am so grateful that it was the perfect amount of money after I paid $418 to the state of Missouri in taxes - blasted state taxes - another reason to leave here when I graduate. :)

I meet with my advisor next week and by then I should be done with data collection or at least I hope to be. She seemed to think that it went really fast - me not so much but it is because I have been working on this idea for over a year now. The end is in sight and that is really exciting to me!

3 comments:

Donna Leavitt said...

Way to go! YIPPEE! I'm so glad to hear you are making progress. Just keep hanging in there.

Love ya,
Donna

asiaelizabeth said...

Woohoo, progress is fantastic! I miss you by the way. Aurora needs her other Mama. I think I will always love that my kids will think your me, but think something is just not quite right. Oh, I commented on your comment but yes, she is starting to look more like us. Ben thinks she looks a bit like Lizzy, which makes sense since Lizzy is little me and Sam is you. She is so much like Ben though that its hard for me to see past the personality and their identical eyes.

Shelly Turpin said...

I am glad that is almost done. I still think it stinks that you had to pay for it yourself