Tuesday, May 5, 2009

GPS

My sister, Shelly, asked me to post more often while her baby Bella is in the hospital so that she has something to read, sad that she wants to read my random comments!

Last night for FHE Kim, Donna and I were driving to Jefferson City (where FHE was) using a google map printout. Generally I like google maps and find the places I am trying to go. Well, we had a few mishaps with another car following behind us, the directions telling us to go right instead of left, etc. As we started home and got lost trying to reserve said directions Donna said too bad we don't have a GPS! Well, the sad thing is that we did - Kim has one that we have used before and was sitting in the middle console waiting and eager. We pulled it out and waited for a few mintues for it to find its bearings (satalite) and then tell us where to go, out own little Liahona! I was joking about how much that is like life that we have all this power, information, and ability and sometime just let it sit in our middle console waiting for a time to be used - if we would just open the scriptures, pray, attend the temple, etc. It is amazing how I miss things that are sometimes so very obvious.

WE have hired two new people at work to work under me and we did the training tonight. It went well - I just hope I can keep up with both of them and my crazy schedule - the good news is that this is the last week of classes!!!!! Only 1 quiz, 1 test and 1 essay left in the semester - if you can't tell I am very excited!

2 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

yeah for your liahona
yeah for the end of the semester

asiaelizabeth said...

Uh, I love reading your "random comments too!" Oh, happy day its the end of the semester!