Friday, May 29, 2009

Data Collection - Check


Anyone that knows me well knows I like to check things off my lists and so I did - I checked off collect data/conduct interviews for my dissertation. The things about lists are that they are a little deceptive sometimes - this makes it sounds like I did one thing and then checked it off but in reality it took 2 months of my time (obviously not all of my time but some of it) - just saying.

That means that I need to transcribe now - I have done 2 of 18 - 1/9 of the way through wohoooo! Just like I asked for a secretary the other day if there is anyone that is in the neighborhood and wants to sit hours on end typing what two people jabbered about then come on down - I will even make you dinner!

The great thing is that I finished in less time than I gave myself - I said by the end of July and really I finished Tuesday - the last week of May! So I am a little ahead of myself. I have one year to:
* transcribe
* code
* find themes
* write up my results
* work with my committee, etc
* finish my Boone County Health Department Internship
* write 2 papers with the BCHD people
* finish my State Internship
* finish 7 course (at least)
* do my full-time job
* teach in the Fall and Winter
* find a job I want

So just a few things to go!!! I think I can do it - at least I better be able to.

1 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

Wahoo! data collection is over - yeah!
Quite the to-do list!