Friday, November 7, 2008

NCFR and Branson


I just got back from NCFR (National Council of Family Relations). I was supposed to be in Branson right now but I have been sick all week and so has Marcie who was supposed to meet me there. I got to Little Rock on Monday and hid in my room with the curtains closed all day Tuesday and Wednesday because my head hurt so very much. I decided to only stay one night in Branson and that was because I thought the 7 hour car trip would be too long for one day with this splitting headache. So, I did go and present and everyone seemed to think it was good and especially liked our title "Do Rural Communities Grow Couch Potatoes?" - the answer is yes - especially for little girls.
I did take a few pictures of Little Rock and Branson. I decided that Branson is not really for me - too much touristy type things - I would rather go somewhere more secluded to "get away from it all" - that is hard when you are in the midst of it all. So, I probably won't be going back even though it is really beautiful - I would rather go to another Silver Leaf in AR that is secluded and beautiful.
Here are some pictures I took. I was a little amazed because within just a few days so many of the trees had dropped their beautiful leaves and I was just too late - I guess I just to heed the warning Grandma always gave to stop and smell the roses or in this case stop and take some wonderful pictures even if you are really busy!  I guess that is the story of our lives - I just need to learn that lesson better.

PB060016 PB060015 PB060029 PB060034PB060026

2 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

Love the pics. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. :/

Shelly Turpin said...

1st - are you better?
2nd- love the pictures. Almost makes it tempting to move to a freezing cold place to see seasons! My occasional morning 50s are killing me!