Monday, September 15, 2008

Great Quote

I really liked this quote by President Monson.
"Too frequently, women underestimate their influence for good. Well could you follow the formula given by the Lord: 'Establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God' (D&C 88:119)."In such a house will be found happy, smiling children who have been taught, by precept and example, the truth. In a Latter-day Saint home, children are not simply tolerated, but welcomed; not commanded, but encouraged; not driven, but guided; not neglected, but loved."

I agree completely, he just makes it all sound so easy! :) But I know that the Heavenly Father will guide each parent in how to care for His precious spirit that he gave to them - I have a firm testimony of that.

I wanted to include some of those mothers who are great examples to me here.

asia and aurora

Asia

DSCF1719

Cyndi

Bob

Laura

VictoriaRose01

Donna (I couldn't find one of Donna that I could get to- computer issues - this is of Donna and Victoria in Jan '08)

nauvoo 044_thumb[2]

Shelly

abby and house 020

Suzan
















Cherilyn
Badlands 010

Marcie

DSCF1629

My Mama

1 comments:

Michelle Kynaston said...

you're sweet to put me on this list. i read the quotes above and didn't feel like any of them applied to me. uugh. being a mom is hard work, and sometimes i don't feel cut out for it. We haven't even started building and already I feel overwhelmed...sheish.