Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Constant Change

Today I called into work and Linda wanted to talk to me and instantly my stomach feel. Last time she wanted to talk with me she was angry because she thought that I wasn't working fast enough and had talked too much (about 10 minutes in 8 hours) the day before - you just never know with her. So I asked what was going on and she said that Patti (a professor I worked with in the summer of 2006) had asked if I could work with her for a while. Linda asked me what I thought and I said sure - just as long as I could keep working on the paper we were working on. She promised me that I would be on the paper and I said that I wanted to continue to work on it because I had spent so much time already on it, she agreed and so that will be good. This semester I should have about 3 papers go out - that is pretty good.

Other news - when I talked with Linda she said that she thought that my grant was good :) - that made my day - I was most worried about her because she reviews grants all of the time. So, regardless of what they say soon (should now on Monday) I still know that it wasn't that bad!

2 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

In talking to you about your grant and hearing you talk about how hardly anyone gets it "right" the first time, hearing a peer say she thought the grant was good...is great!! Fingers crossed they accept it the way it is or at least only need you to do minor things to it before it's FINALLY done!! :D That would be way awesome! And then you're back home to Texas!! WOOHOO!

Shelly Turpin said...

Good things............I am so glad. It's time for good things. Maybe a delayed birthday present?