Sunday, September 14, 2008

Flooding

Well, here in Missouri we have also gotten a ton of rain (like my family in TX). It has rained on and off for about 4 days and today on the way to church I was given the visual of what that does here in Columbia. There are several creeks/streams that run throughout Columbia and I have to pass over one on the way to church - so off I went and when I got that point it was a little amazing. Everything for about 2 acres surrounding the creek was under water and in some points it was more like 10 acres. There is a in-door soccer building that was half way under water and the surrounding fields were completely flooded. I knew that it couldn't go on like it had (raining cats and dogs) but wow! This summer when Missouri, Iowa and Illinois were flooding we didn't have this much flooding!
Sorry no pictures - I don't carry my camera to church with me!

1 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

I've been thinking about you what with the storms that have gone through your area, plus the remants of Ike combining with it. I know that your part of the world is getting more rain than it can handle and that many are being adversly effected. You're in my prayers.