Saturday, March 1, 2008

Weekly News

Well, this week I have been a slacker with posting. I have had plenty to say just haven't found the time to do it. I am growing ever closer to taking my comps (16 days left) and I am getting more and more anxious. I know that if I do my part the Lord will help me but when is enough and when have I done my part? I am to the point where I have printed off my pages and pages of notes and now I have to just sit and read and reread them. This week was crazy busy with other things and so I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked studying and the test is soon!!!!!!!!

I am really excited that I am going to go to CA in just a few weeks and get to see part of my family. I am also excited that comps will be done and that I can move onto writing my grant and getting that part finished. I finished writing and submitting my abstracts this week :)
I wrote a test, study sheet and created a learning activity this week as well. My planning ahead has been wonderful but when I need it most, right now, is when I run out of planned lessons so I am spending time creating lectures when I should be studying - this is a crazy month!

I was hired by a person in CA to do some internet library research for her and now I am trying to fit it into my weeks, I said yes because she is paying me $15 an hour to sit at my computer and find her articles for her research. That I can do and the money will be helpful. I will do exciting things like buy a new vacuum cleaner and pay rent and buy groceries. Boy do I have an exciting life.

My last two posts have been about the Larson's in some way and so I thought I would share part of an email I got this week from them. First off, they wanted to name her a special name and the one they chose is Zion-Grace Elizabeth Larson. It is growing on me - Liz had said that it would not be a name that they would call a child here on earth but one that is blessed to return to Father so quickly.
Here is part of the email:
"Elizabeth and I are doing great. We are both experiencing a peaceful sadness but are comforted with the knowledge that after the resurrection we will have the opportunity to raise this little baby until she becomes an adult. But most of all we are comforted to know that she will be part
of our family for time and all eternity and that we will have forever to get to know her.
The miracle that we are praying for is that as long as it is HeavenlyFathers will we would like to be able to spend a few hours with her while she is still alive. And we would like to invite you to join us with your faith, prayer and fasting that we might receive that miracle.

If you are interested in learning more about her condition you can visit
http://prenatalpartnersforlife.org/ and look up the stories on the
babies with Anencephaly
<http://prenatalpartnersforlife.org/Stories/AnencephalyStoriesIndex.htm>

They also have an amazing music video that has brought me a lot of comfort over the past few days. I HIGHLY recommend you take the time to listen to it. The song starts up automatically when you visit their website."

I would check out the website - it is nice and helpful to understand what is actually happening with them. I also found another site http://www.anencephalie-info.org/e/index.php - the pictures here are good ones - not scary but give a good understanding of what Zion-Grace will probably look like. With that said I would not google anencephaly images for it - they are quit graphic and honestly a little scary. The nurses I work with said that it is more common than you might think, I read that it happens in about 1000 pregnancies every year in the US, so that seems pretty rare to me.

So if you need something to fast about from now until the first week of June when Zion-Grace will be born you have something. I continue to feel the peace that only comes with the Spirit and am so grateful.

I went and saw Vantage Point tonight with Amy and it is a pretty cool movie - they did a nice job creating it - you should check it out. Well to all my faithful readers I love you tons and miss you all. Have a wonderful sabbath!

1 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

That song is wonderful! We bawled and bawled.
I hope that they can have an experience like Charlotte (from the stories) who lived 6 days.
The Road to Bittersweet...........it is beautiful.