Monday, March 24, 2008

Day 2, San Diego, Easter

Well, for anyone that I haven't already told - it seems that day 2 of comps went as well as day 1. Now what that really means - who knows. I will be finding out the first week of April and until then I am teaching and just hanging out.

San Diego was wonderful. I will post picture when I get them from Mama. It was beautiful and lush and the weather was wonderful. We went to the zoo and to Legoland and both places were wonderful. I got to see Cyndi, Jeremy, Andrew, Jacob and Michael as well as Mama, Daddy, Nathan and Mandy. We had a ton of fun hanging out, going on fun rides and getting sunburned (mainly me).

We got to meet Kathy and Uncle Buzzy for the same time and really realize that we have very rich relatives somewhere. What an amazing house, the kitchen would make any chef jealous. All in all it was a great time and I am finding that I need a vacation from my vacation.

Yesterday, for Easter I went to Amy's house for Easter Brunch before church and then to church were we had a wonderful sacrament and then an awesome combined sharing time where we had 5 witnesses come and "testify" in court of the Savior. Peter, Thomas, Mary Magdalen, a Nephite woman and Joseph Smith all testified of the Living Christ. Music was interspersed and it was wonderful - the Spirit was very strong. The kids did great and it was enjoyable. Then later I went to my friends home Christopher and Marcie Bottoms and Amy joined us for dinner. We then "hid" 3 dozen colored eggs for Zebadee and helped her find them in hard places like the grass and the sidewalk. She was really cute and kept saying egg and then plopping the eggs in the container. She will be 2 in the middle of June so this is really her first fun Easter. All in all it was a great day and I enjoyed the opportunity to think about my personal witness that I know that the Savior lives and loves me.

0 comments: