Saturday, February 23, 2008

Peace

Last night my friends Amy and Jen and I went to the temple, it had been closed for a month and so we went as soon as we could. They redid all of the carpet, some of the furniture, the flowers, and most impressively they put down this beautiful marble floor in the entry way. It is really very beautiful! The weather here the past few days has been kinda yucky with a lot of snow and ice and so we carefully made our way there and when we got there the session was very small (about9 people). So we went through the session and it was so peaceful and wonderful. I had gone hoping to feel at peace that the Larson's would be okay through this period of joy and sorrow. It is strange to know something bad is going to happen and not be able to a thing about it. The Lord definitely blessed me with the peace while there and I just felt happy - this is truly the Lord's plan. It was so nice to go and sit in the celestial room, for about 20 minutes the three of us were alone and that was wonderful, I could live right there and be happy.

From there we went to eat, by the time we got there it was 8:00pm and we were very hungry. We chose a Mexican food restaurant and my friends got a taste of what it is like to go to a restaurant with me. It was very funny actually. I am very used to being waited on constantly while eating Mexican food so I did not notice anything and we did not argue about having our water full and chips filled. When we were leaving Amy commented that staff had all been checking me out all dinner - the funny thing is I didn't even notice. They said they had never been waited on so fervently before - I just thought it was normal. So, needless to say they gave me a hard time for a while on the ride home. I will just stock it up to good service! :)

3 comments:

CYNDI said...

I am so glad that you felt peace. I hope that the Larson's can find some as well. I love the Mexican Restuarant memories - you are a sure ticket to good service. A plus for hanging out with a beautiful girl like you!

Blarney Girl said...

Ah, the days of great customer service when we would go to the Mexican restaurants! Our glasses never came close to half empty. :)

I tagged you on my blog. Check it out. No worries if you don't want to do it.

Boe said...

I am glad you were able to find peace at the temple. I can not imagine what Liz and Aaron must be going through. Have they chosen a name for their little girl? I know the Lord will give them the strength they need to overcome this.

MEXICA FOOD!! Great now I am hungry and exhausted. Food or sleep, food or sleep? Agh the joys of being me right now.

FYI I went to the doctor this week and I grew 4cm in only 2 weeks!! EEK! I knew I had exploded! So I actaully look pretty pregnant now, and no I haven't taken any pictures...I know, bad me.

Loves,
Suzan