Sunday, March 30, 2008

Musings

Yesterday, my friends Amy and Marcie and little Zebadee (21 months) went to Amish country. Well, actually it is only about 30 minutes from here, it is a smaller settlement than farther north. Beth and I tried to go this summer and it never worked out. It was a fun day, everywhere we drove we heard these excited screams of cow and then a long moo, horse and a long naa, etc. We saw all kinds of animals and went into all kinds of Amish stores (attached to their homes). This set-up is much less than in PA where it was so very neat and orderly and also torist aimed. But we had a fun time and gave Christopher, Marcie's husband, a chance to get some much needed work done on a paper at home. Laundry anyone?

They need help with the plowing - any volunteers?

Then I came home and watched several movies. One is Martian Child, it was very well done. In essence it is about the challenges of adopting a child, not an infant a child, but in the end love won out and they were happy. The other is Mr. Mgorium's Wonder Emporium, Asia had recommended it on here blog so I checked it out. I liked it a lot, it was cute but also has a good message and is rated G -weird! My favorite line from the movie was "Your life is an occasion rise to it!" I like that saying - I think it is easy not do that.

In the Ensign this month President Monson talks about three things we should do, 1. learn from the past, 2. prepare for the future, and 3. live in the present. I thought the message from the movie helped me see how all three can work together -she Molly had to learn to do those things to keep the store and be happy. I know that the Lord blesses us with everything we need to do those three things we just have a tendency to over look those things. I was talking with one of my wonderful co-workers, Karen, about faith and answers to our prayers. It is really nice to be able to share faith inspiring stories with those of other faiths, it reminds me over and over how good people are.

Shelly received awesome news this weeks - CA finally put the adoption into motion - now all we have to do is wait on TX and pray for a open docket sometime between now and July so that we can all be there in Nauvoo and seal our Joy to us! It will be awesome - I just have faith that the Lord will allow it to happen - definitely a righteous desire. I am so happy for them.

3 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!
I want to see that movie!
I am so hoping!

Blarney Girl said...

I really liked Pres. Monson's message this month! Not that I doubted it, but I just felt a peaceful feeling while reading it knowing that he is the prophet for this time.

Everyone's in my prayers that the adoption goes through in a timely manner and you can have Joy sealed to you ASAP!!

I've not seen either Martian Child or Mr. Magorium's, but I've heard great things about them. They are in my Netflix queue. I have to see MC; John Cusack is too cute for words!!

asiaelizabeth said...

I told ya! Everyone just kinda shrugs it off. The movie has so many quotable uplifting lines!I'm glad you liked it. I am also so very thankful for my washing machine and grocery store! Though I do like gardening I would never want my family to have to depend on my meager efforts to feed my family.I think farmers must have to put a lot of faith in god.