Sunday, March 9, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

I think that my last post has been my favorite for the comments I have gotten (you should check them out), I am still waiting on Asia, Donna, Mama, and Suzan to comment (it is always interesting to hear from someone in construction about houses). To answer Cyndi's question of what the second picture is of, it is a home that I found when typed in "dream home" into Yahoo. I love the way the outside looks and it is actually a one story which I love, now it probably double what I want to spend but dreaming doesn't hurt anyone. It is really fun to dream - I think that it is a necessary part of life and maybe someday it will come true. All we have to do is be patient and work hard - at least that is what the American dream idea teaches us! :)

I hate daylight savings time in the Spring! I love the one in the Fall where I get to sleep for a whole other hour but, losing one throws my body off for what seems like weeks. Today I forgot and when I turned on my computer it was not 8:20 like I thought it was 9:20. Good thing that church is not until 11:30 (which by the way might be my least favorite time for church - especially in the primary and nursery). So, now for the next few days I have to fight off sleep all day long - I have no idea how one hour can be so hard on your body - I think whomever thought of this whole idea needs to be talked to severely and put in a very long time out.

I only have 1 week and a day until my big test. I think I am hitting panic mode because I feel like I know less now then I did a month ago. I am so worried that I will get on the test and freeze up - as most of you know test are not my strong suit but it is essay form so that should be better anyways. I just keep praying that my mind will be clear and that I will be able to remember what I have learned and be able to express that clearly on paper. I guess it will come down to what the questions are and how much I know about those ideas.

3 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

You can thank one of our Founding Fathers, Benjamin Franklin, for DST. I don't fully remember why it was implemented, but I think it was to extend daylight hours during the growing season. If you move to Indiana or Arizona, neither of those states follows the time changes that happen in the spring or fall.

CYNDI said...

Yea for Arizona ignoring the rest of the nation. I hate the adjustment period and your kids don't know that time has suddenly stopped, sped up or slowed down. You are going to be fabulous on your tests and we will send some prayers your way.

Shelly Turpin said...

you changed your background!
Change!
Ahh - I can't handle it!

You are going to do fabulous on your tests. I just know it!