Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The reults

Just thought I would update everyone on my progress, slow as it may be. I finally heard from my committee and they told me that I needed to revise and resubmit my grant, I talked with Linda for feedback and she told me that it looked great and had suggested that I pass, so she didn't know what else to say. I have made appointments for 3 others and the 4th is missing in action?@!

So, I will work on that and resubmit around the 17th or so - wish me luck.

Next, like I mentioned before my jobs have all changed I no longer work for Linda but for Patti (I worked for her the summer of 2006). Patti had her manager quit and so Linda "pimped me out" to work for Patti again. Also, yesterday MACC called and asked if it was possible to take another class, that they had had another professor quit and leave them in a lurch. This class is from 6-9 on Wed. and is here in Columbia. I said yes and now am trying to figure out how to change the syllabus and expectations mid semester - who knows. The money I will get will more than pay for my move to TX so that is always good. So, that is all my news I think, funny what a few days brings.

I was looking through one of my recipe books trying to find things I can eat on this new "diet" the doctor put me on for my Metformin and found this and thought it looked yummy and different from the routine. I figured everyone can use a good new recipe from time to time.

Mexican Lasagna
1/2 lb mild pork sausage
1/2 lb. ground beef
1 japapeno pepper, seeded nad finely chopped
2/3 cup canned diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 tb. garlic powder
1 tb ground cumin
1/2 tb salt
1/2 tb pepper
can of cream of celery soup
can of cream of mushroom soup
can of enchilada sauce
18 corn tortillas
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup Monterrey jack cheese
1 tomato, seeded and diced
4 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Directions: Cook sausage and ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain. Stir in jalapeno and next 5 ingredients; cook through. Stir together soups and enchilada sauce in saucepan; cook until heated. Spoon 1/3 of sauce onto bottom of lightly greased 13X9 baking dish; top with 6 tortillas. Spoon half of beef mixture and 1/3 of sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with half of cheddar cheese. Top with 6 tortillas; repeat layers, end with tortillas. Sprinkle with Monterrey Jack cheese and next three ingredients. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serves 6-8.

2 comments:

CYNDI said...

Kathie, it was fun to get a double dose of you - blog and an email. I love you. I hope that your grant team just wants you to get a taste of academic procedure by making you doing it again - dumb- they don't want you to think it could be that easy to do something! Does your new job(w/Patti) mean more money or just something different?
Is another class going to make you crazy busy? I hope it is a good thing for you. The therapist didn't give me much to work on. She told me to try and get his legs in the same position when he is trying to go to his knees. But, hopefully there are some things that will help with that. Here's hoping.

Michelle Kynaston said...

wow, sounds no fun. Makes me glad to not be in school. =) I hope they let you through next time without more work. I miss you and love you. The recipe sounds good though! And I love your blog look and feel - where do you get all your super cute backgrounds?? much love...cherilyn