Saturday, August 2, 2008

This and That

A couple of things I thought of today. Sister Jost (the service project guru for our Stake) loved the coloring that the kids and adults did at the reunion. She was so excited and wanted me to thank everyone that participated. She is in the process of putting the quilt together and when we get it tied on Sept. 6th then I will take a picture and post our master piece, so thanks again everyone!
She was also very impressed by our Becca and her thoughtfulness to make hats for the kiddos in the orphanage that Jeffery is in and is willing to donate some of the hats we as a stake made to the cause - now I just have to know how many we want? So good job Becca in being so service minded and loving! You are an impressive young woman that I can't believe will be a teenager in 4 months and 3 days from today!!!
Two of my favorite people - Becca and Beth hanging out at the reunion!
I am lazy - I know people may argue this point and that is sweet and all but I really am. Yesterday I took off work and barely got much done, I am working on a service project of scrapbook like pages for Sister Jost so I worked on that for several hours but it is because I can do that and watch TV at the same time. So, I have been trying in vain to motivate myself to do several things - 1) write this stupid grant, 2) exercise - I hate to do it and my walking partner (Amy) moved - so sad :(, 3) cook more so I can use up all my food storage that is not in big can or bags before I leave in 4 months and 4) change the way I eat to be more healthy - if I put 3 and 4 together we can have something! :0

I am using up my flour and making homemade bread. I made the Amish White bread recipe Shelly put in the family cookbook - very yummy and then a whole wheat one that is still rising right now. I love to feel like I am doing something domestic even if it is just for me.

I need your help - and will tell you about that in my next post today!

0 comments: