Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This past weekend

This weekend was wonderful. I flew into Houston and got a new phone - you don't understand how exciting that is. Then we went home and went out for Mexican food - a must when you visit Houston. On Saturday Mama and I planted some of the many plants that needed to be planted in the morning. Then we traveled to Meyer Park and had a great BBQ with Shelly's and Donna's families and our Beth. Then we went to the church bookstore and JoAnn's (always fun). Later we met Shelly and her family and saw "Horton Hears a Who" which is a cute show. Nathan and Lizzy kept telling me that it was really silly because animals don't talk in English! We bought one large tub of popcorn for $5.45 and had it refilled twice between the 12 of us. I think that we got the better end of that deal. That night Nathan, Mandy and I slept on the trampoline! I had told Nathan once that we could and I figured that this was a good enough time and the least amount of bugs. It got down to about 40 degrees I think and the dew was extra thick so everything was wet. Mandy kept coughing and I felt like a terrible adult letting her sleep in the cold. After being woken up about 10 times from her coughing I convinced her that we should go inside at 3:00am. Nathan and Mandy still wanted to sleep in their sleeping bags on the hardwood floors in the living room but I opted for one of Mandy's beds. I was really tired after that fun filled night!
On Sunday we got up and Daddy and I packed and then we headed out to Victoria's blessing, we got there early and went in to save seats. Donna showed up and we found out that Brad had thrown up all the way to church so she took him home. So, she asked Daddy to give the blessing. It was a nice blessing and I instantly felt the Lord's love for our sweet Victoria. That was wonderful! Then we were off to the airport. Daddy and I got there early and we had dinner and hung out in the President's lounge. It was nice to spend one on one time with Daddy. My flight was delayed and so I got home from KC at 1:00am. It was really hard to stay awake that last hour or so (the great sleep from the night before was catching up with me).
I have no pictures of this weekend - so everyone that took some need to send them to me!

1 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

I really wish I could have seen you while you were here, but I had to take care of mom. You'll be home for the summer, yes???