Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Busy

I have been so busy I haven't had time to update this much. I need to add some pictures from different things but for now you just get words. I finished Suzan's panda baby quilt and sent it to her yesterday so when she gets it I am going to post a picture of how it turned out. I don't want to ruin the surprise for by posting it before she gets the package. Abby Wallen is due in the next few weeks but if she is not born by the 21st of May she will be induced. Suzan is hoping she comes earlier than that. I am going to go see her and Liz on May 23rd and stay for about a week. I am hoping that it will be a relaxing trip. I am excited to meet Miss Abby and to visit with Liz and her family. Marcie finished up the Families Are Forever crossstich that I wanted to make for the Larson's but didn't have time so I asked her to do it and she did an awesome job in no time at all. She is amazingly fast - it took her about 4 weeks and is beautiful. When I get it back from the frame shop I will post a picture. I planted a containter garden yesterday with my neighbors grand daughter that is 4, her name is Tagen, like Megan with a T. She helped to dig the holes and plant the vegetable plants. I spent more time talking with my neighbors on both sides yesterday than I have since I moved here - sad I know.
Amy, Jen and I went to the temple on Sat. In the session were two single guys - now that is a strnge expereince for us. It was interesting - Jen is very worried about my relationship status, even though she is 3 years older than me and single, and ended up calling some guy later that night, when I was not around, to see if would have been weird for her to go up and ask about where he is from, etc. for me. I thought that was a little weird, I am a big girl and can do things like that if I feel inclined. I just don't think that the celestrail room is somewhere you should be flirting with people in, unless you are married I guess. Anyway, the one guy really reminded me of Aaron Larson in many ways. Different look but about the same height, coloring and what I could observe temperment, so yes I was watching just didn't feel it was the right place to act. What do you guys think? I will probably never see him again but you never know.
My questions for comps are coming along and things seem to be going well. I am also working on my grant part as well. I am planning on turning my answers in on May 9th. So, the next couple of weeks will be a barrell of fun I am sure.

3 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

My personal opinion is the Celestial Room isn't for "hooking up." You're in the presence of God, not on an episode of The Dating Game. With that said, if God prompts you to do something (i.e., go talk to the single guy in the Celestial room) then by all means, pry yourself up from the comfy couch and make your move!!

If your friend really wanted to talk to this guy "for you" then she should have gotten dressed fast and waited for him outside.

Just my thoughts.

I'm glad comps are going well. Have patience and May 9th will be here before you know it!!

Lissa Ann said...

Two thumbs up for the remarks from Dallas. I don't see any harm in talking to someone at the temple. You could say hello, ask his name and the such. They prehaps meet up in the loby to get to know each other. On the other hand, I can't imagine a better place to find a guy than at the temple, those ones are the keepers I would think!

CYNDI said...

Do you remember the story of the sister I visit taught in Utah? She was visiting Utah and went to the temple. A guy caught as she was leaving and said I saw in the session and/or celestial room. Could I get your number? He called, phone was busy(she was staying with her grandma - no call waiting)he somehow found the address, went over asked her to go skiing with his family right then. A few days later they were engaged. Six weeks later(I think) married and now have seven children and live in Bluffdale. One of the greatest couples ever. Funny story. :)