Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference

Well, another wonderful general conference has come and gone. With every year I wish that it could continue and that I could continue to feel the Spirit that strongly, feel the peace of every conference and be feed at a great feast of spiritual teachings. I too felt the mantel of the presidency fall on President Monson as I listened to him speak and give us counsel. I have always loved him and now that love has deepened and he is no longer the wise story teller but I am better able to see the amazing example he has set by living his life.

I decided that I am going to have a new tradition in regards to conference. I have decided that I am going to use my china on conference weekend meals. The scriptures teach us to feast upon the words of Christ and during conference we feast upon the words of living prophets, sears and revelators speaking for Christ, so I can't think of a better time than to use the china in respect for an important few days of our lives. I hope that makes sense. Amy, Kim and I started today, we used the china I found at Grandma's after she passed away and the crystal goblets, it was really nice and made the day seem a little more special.

2 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

Amen!
He's no longer a great storyteller. It's amazing how fast the Lord is able to do things.

Your tradition is more spiritual than mine. I made cinnamon rolls - they take 5 hours to make. So I made them this morning. :)

Blarney Girl said...

I agree, too. Each time I saw him, heard him speak or heard others speak of him, the spirit filled my heart and testified to me of his divine calling. He is the prophet for this time and I am greatful to be a member at this time.

I love your tradition! One day you will be back and I hope to have the priviledge of eating off your china plates and drinking from your crystal glasses. :-)