Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Trip to AZ

Last weekend I took a fast and fun trip to see my sister in AZ.  I flew on Friday and got there just in time to pick up Andrew from school and Jeremy from work.  Then we went and ate some yummy Mexican food.  Later we played the Wii till way to late.  The first thing the boys wanted to do was teach me how Mario Cart worked - they taught me but I never actually got to play - just watched those cute boys!

P1012172

Jacob was showing me how to steer the cart - that was his job in the teaching process.

P1012171

Michael took me around and showed me everything - it was really cute.

P1012177

Andrew got the dinosaur above for Christmas but Michael is really the one that loves it - later he told me "I like that" and pointed to it.

On Friday night Andrew had a parade to start out the soccer tournament that happened that weekend in Tucson.  Andrew and his team marched in it - this is the 20th year and they made a big deal of it.

P1012181 Waiting for the parade to begin. 

P1012185

P1012192

P1012198

After the parade the boys went down one of those huge blow up slides shaped like a shark.

P1012205

Saturday we lounged around, went to the LDS book store and then Cyndi, Andrew and I volunteered at the tournament.  We had a good time but Andrew was a little bored to say the least.

Sunday was a beautiful AZ day with "cold" weather - it was 60.  After church Cyndi, I, and the boys went on a 1.5 hour walk through the neighborhood and near by park.

P1012217

P1012218

P1012226

P1012220

P1012229

Following the leader.

P1012238

We came across this huge tree that had fallen and this little house someone had spent too much time building - the boys had a grand time.

P1012241

P1012247

P1012258

P1012259

Later we played with play-do (well really the boys and Jeremy did).P1012211

P1012209 Isn't he beautiful?

Monday was the dress shopping day in Phoenix so we got up and drove there, had lunch with Emily and Lynne and kids and then they headed off to Emily's house and us to shopping.  If you made it this far I am rewarding you with the answer to the question of which dress I chose - that would be dress B.

Tuesday I had to go back home, the morning was spent packing, taking some clothes to a store, eating out and then picking up Jacob from pre-school.  He was very excited that I came to get him - he is so cute!  Then we went and played at a near by park and finally went and got Andrew from school and headed to the airport.  I was worried about my dress and security, where to put it on the plane, etc.  It all worked out and our plane was only delayed by 2 hours in Denver getting me home about 2:15am on Wednesday morning.  Thankfully Rob called about 1:30am when I was in serious need of sleep and talked to me until I got home - very grateful!  It was a great trip but over way too soon!  I already miss my sweet boys and Cyndi!

1 comments:

CYNDI said...

I had such a fun time with you. Thanks for coming. I love you so.