Friday, January 8, 2010

Planning

I need to journal somewhere and this is the only place I do so if you want read on - I can't promise that it is a work of art but just the feelings of a newly engaged, truly in love girl.
Anyone that really knows me well knows that I am a planner - it a Ball trait. We all need to know 5 years in advance (just kidding) what we will be doing, where we will live and what our lives will be like. Well it really doesn't work because nothing is that stable and the Lord has a way of changing all of our plans. If you had asked me last year or even 6 months ago what I would be doing in June of this year I would have said graduating and finding a job. Today my answer includes those things and getting married to a wonderful man and becoming the mother of 5 small children.
Throughout the last few years I have been very busy and juggled many responsibilities and all along I had this feeling that the Lord was preparing me for something - I just wasn't certain what it was. Being a Mormon woman I was hoping that it included a loving husband and a houseful of kids - little did I know that I was going to get just that. As I sat in the temple today I thought of all the many ways in which the Lord has blessed me in my life. In my PB I am told that I would marry at the appropriate time in my life, funny how it is also one of the most stressful. I can't say how incredibly blessed and grateful I feel for personal revelation and the opportunity to know that the choices I am making are not only mine but that the Lord has lead me here and blessed me with this relationship and these children. How incredibly reassuring that is to me.
As I think about the plans for the future that I had created for the single me and the reality of plans that now include a husband and children I am amazed at how much more fulfilling those plans fill. In all of my years of education I have never once thought that working would ever be more important to me than raising a family and now I am faced with the need to work (I need to pay off my student loans) and the opportunity to use all of my knowledge and skills that I have be developing for the past 10 years. I am blessed with a incredibly supportive and loving fiance that wants me to use the many abilities I have developed and I am grateful for the chance to continue working (something that I secretly love doing - I am related to my workaholic father).
I guess the point of my ramblings is that even with all of the planning and thinking I am most grateful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost that speaks to both my mind and heart allowing me to know that the decisions I am making are right.

4 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

I'm so stinkin' excited for you!!! :D

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you down here to help you get ready.

Donna Leavitt said...

I know you will make the right decisions for you and your new family. Hang in there. Being engaged is rough and wonderful all at the same time. You can do this! I love you.

Shelly Turpin said...

I think there is nothing more reassuring than to feel through the power of the Holy Ghost that we are doing the right thing.

Happy for you!

michelle kynaston said...

such a sweet n sincere post. i love you and am so happy for you