Monday, January 18, 2010

I Bought A Wedding Dress

So if putting a ring on my finger didn't make this whole thing feel very official than buying a wedding dress definitely did.  Lynn and Emily Selim, my brother-in-laws mom and sister were gracious enough to watch Cyndi's boys while we went and tried on wedding dresses.  Boy were we grateful we didn't have a 7, 4, and 2 year old boy with us while doing this.  I swear it takes 10 minutes to put on the dresses - if that short of period and many of the dresses were lace up the back so it took even longer.  All together I think I tried on 12 dresses in 2 hours - not too bad considering.  I bought the third dress in the line of dresses in the end but tried on all of them and then went back and tried on my favorite again to make sure it really was my favorite.  Cyndi teared up when I put on the dress and it was the only one I felt completely comfortable and beautiful in.  Later I put my hair up and I will wear it that way at the wedding.  They gave us a great deal and so I ended up getting a veil and headband/tiara thingy as well.  It is not the veil you see in the pictures.

So I decided to make is fun and somewhat like House Hunters since we were dress hunters.  So, here are the dresses, poor Cyndi was trying to figure out my camera in the process, I didn't take a picture with all of them but you get the idea.  Almost all of the dresses were too big somewhere, I felt like I was falling out of or needed some serious inches in order to fit - so just keep that in mind as you look at the pictures.  Dress D I was just trying to keep on so my arm is behind me holding it it place. 

So do you think it is Dress A.

P1012260

Dress B

P1012282

Dress C

P1012273

Dress D

P1012277

Please leave your votes on which one you think that I chose.

9 comments:

asiaelizabeth said...

C my fav is C. You are not allowed to wear a watch that day.I cant wait to see you all dolled up in person!You will looking stunning!

Donna Leavitt said...

B looks the most flattering to me. Can't wait to find out!

Blarney Girl said...

I'm with Asia, C is my favorite. Looks like it needs a bit of tailoring, but it is GORGEOUS!

michelle kynaston said...

i'd say either b or d. I loved those two on you! Fun fun!

Amy R. said...

My guess is B or D, but I am leaning more toward B. You look beautiful. Sounds like a fun trip.

~ Teresa ~ said...

Dress B is my guess...

Anonymous said...

b, c and d all look pretty. But I think you look the happiest in B :) - AL

Shelly Turpin said...

Now aren't you glad we weren't all with you. There would never have been a consensus. :)
I love your smile. May every happiness come your way! Love ya!

debra said...

Hee, hee, hee. I know which one it is and I'm not telling. You do look happy.