Monday, February 4, 2008

We Have a New Prophet


Today that official announcement was made that President Thomas Spencer Monson is now the 16th modern day prophet for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint. He is an awesome man whom the Lord has greatly prepared and I am sure will do an incredible job. His counselors are Elder Henry B. Eyring and Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf. It should be a wonderful presidency, much younger and very different from President Hinckley's. It seems so quick after the funeral but it is probably best.

1 comments:

CYNDI said...

I thought it was quick as well. I thought, for some reason, that President Monson would lead the church as the head of the 12 apostles until conference when he would be sustained the new prophet. I guess they will just wait to announce the new apostle at conference. I am excited for the first presidency, I thought it would be different. I love you.