Saturday, February 16, 2008

Jumper and Random Thoughts


Tonight I went and saw the movie Jumper with my friend Kim. I rarely go to the movies here and so when I go I want it to be good! Well, it was a little weird - I won't say too much for those that want to go and see the flick but I do wonder about how some scripts make it to be movies. The trailers looked good though- the new Indiana Jones movie and a movie called The Happening by M. Night Shyamalan - Dallas we will have to pick a night and both go see and then call each other about what we thought - maybe several of us can do that - it would be fun. Kim and I talked about hte movie after and then just talked in my car for about an hour - that was fun.

My baby sister, Asia, turned 25 today - that is amazing. She has a beautiful baby girl and lives in my grandma's house and is happy - I am happy for her.

I wrote almost two abstracts last night and today and finished all of my students grades thus far. I am still uncertain what to do with the students that did not come to the debates, but I guess that will be sorted out on Wednesday - Monday is Presidents Day! I am doing 4 more interviews on Monday - I still have not even begun to transcribe the other 8 interviews and 2 focus groups. This should give you an idea of why - each interview is between 20-45 minutes long and takes between 2-3 hours to transcribe. The focus groups are between 1-1 1/2 hours long and take about 4-6 hours to transcribe. Many of my faithful readers (all 3 or 4 of you) have commented on my crazy schedule - well I really just don't have time to do this part. Too bad it would cost about $200 for each tape to be transcribed by someone else, I guess I will just be pushing the rewind button a lot in April.

If I get both of my abstracts accepted (fingers crossed) then I will go to Chicago in October and Little Rock in November (the leaves in full color is Little Rock). I am still uncertain when my friend is getting married in India but I am going whenever that is, she and her boyfriend have yet to get the parents on board but they will soon and then they can make plans. Those conferences will be my big vacations, well of course the reunion in the summer - which is only 3 hours from my house and San Diego in March - which I am really looking forward to. Not to complain but I feel so land locked here I just need a real vacation some time real soon!

I think that the longer I go to school the dumber I become! I forget so many things and I really am beginning to wonder about my ability to write! I haven't had to write anything real in a while so comps should be a lot of fun! I am not as nervous as I have been about taking the test - mainly just want to get them over with already! Now I just have to get my brain to cooperate and "be smart" just for those 8 hours that is all I am asking.

Well, that is probably enough, sorry for the rambling.

1 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

I hadn't even heard there was another M. Night Shymalan movie coming out! I'm so excited!! I'll have to google it to find out when it's release date is.