Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Weekend

This last weekend Rob and most of the kids headed to Kansas to get Elizabeth. We decided that we would meet up in St. Louis and go to the zoo, have lunch, etc. The kids wanted a picture of everything we saw (thank goodness for digital cameras) but I spare you that.






After feeding the kids and getting them to the Blacks for a movie and bed (Thanks again Denise and Jason) Rob and I worked on an electronic version of a wedding invitation. We are sending out annoucements with a picture of the family after the wedding but I wanted something to send out now. It took a while but looks nice.

Saturday, Katie stayed with me and hung out while Rob was in KS. She had her first sewing lesson, she has been begging me to teach her since Christmas. She did a great job and it was a learning experience for me as well, I have never taught a 10 year old how to sew before. Had to really think through some things as I was talking with her or as we came upon problems. But in the end she did a great job and it looks really cute on her.

Sunday Rob drove back and we walked to the park, had dinner and relaxed a bit before they needed to head back to Herrin. It was a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Donna Leavitt said...

Sounds like a great time was had for all! How wonderful.

debra said...

Where's the picture of Eliza? Hope the trip went ok.