Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stake Conference with Elder Scott

We have been greatly blessed in our stake these last two days. In the scriptures the prophets often say that there are things that could not be written, Rob and I have recently discussed that this might be because sometimes there are not words for the way(s)that one feels the Spirit. That is how I have felt this weekend so I will do my best to give you some highlights of the doctrine taught and the impressions I received.
First off, our Stake President, Elder Reall of the Seventy, was released (what an incredible, loving and wonderful teacher of the gospel). Our Stake YM President was called to be the new Stake President, President Houseman, my old Bishop, President Mingus, and a current Bishop, President Lambson. They will do a great job.
So what I learned - Saturday night.
*to remember to share the gospel through how I live
*that we have to constantly restrengthen our testimonies and ourselves - we must nurture and replenish or our seeds will no longer grow
*not to spend time with things of little worth - that is different for us all
*to make sure that what I am doing in life is not diverting me from the things that are most important in life
*how important trust is - in ourselves, those we love and in the Savior
*how important it is to teach our children about the temple - to point them there
*to teach about modesty, moral values, covenants and the value of attending the temple to our children so they will want to go someday
*the covenants we make in the temple are eternal and binding - we can lose them through disobedience but why would we chose that if we understand the plan - justice allows for us to have whatever we earn here on earth
*the atonement is very real and allows for all of our fears, sorrows, insecurities, and of course repentance that we all need
*that studying the scriptures - really feasting upon the word allows us to grow closer to our Savior
* that I need to evaluate my study habits and that through the scriptures I can receive the answers I need
* how incredibly important the influence of good parents are in the home
*that our Savior lives, He loves us and leads this Church
*that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and restored this amazing gospel

1 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

good points - all
I think cleaning is of little worth, therefore I am going to limit my time in that area :)

love ya!!