Sunday, March 8, 2009

This Sunday

So last Sunday I complained I didn't have enough to do well the Lord made up for that this week. One of the sisters I VT called this week and asked if we could meet and talk because she just found out that her 18 year old is pregnant and needed someone to talk to. So we set up a time and she had to cancel because of a sick kid. The week passed and she didn't call back to reschedule and I was hesitant to call her for many reasons. Anyway, her husband stopped me in the hall this week and we talked for about 10 minutes about the situation, the daughter, my friend, etc. So, I told him I would come over and see her this afternoon. Well I mulled around at home and finally left about 3 to go. I had just missed them because they were on the way to the hospital with the daughter. So, after visiting all three ERs in town I found them, but there were too many people in the room so I waited in the wiaitng room. After what seemed like forever and was actually about 45 minutes I went and asked again and then was told that they had left. WHAT?!? So I went home and called. But the Bishop was on his way and she was trying to get her very dehydrated daughter settled and liquids in her. So then it was time to cook dinner because Kim was coming over for FHE (I know it is not Monday but I have stuff tomorrow) and so I cooked, we had our lesson, etc and I was called by the a bishiporics wife, the bishops wife and so i called my VTee back and talked with her. Craziness!
The 18 year old is planning to marry this guy - they have only known each other 9 weeks! But the wedding is planned for next month and the mom is freaking out. The parents have tried the adoption idea but the father of the baby's mom won't let them think about giving up the baby -that is her grandchild and on and on. I just think that the whole thing is a mess but what a selfish thing from the grandmother to be. I am meeting my VTee on Friday for lunch so hopefully things will be a little clearer then. I just feel so bad for my friend!

3 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

wow - 18, married and pregnant
They will need a lot of support.
What a change for the parents to go through. (all sets) wow

Michelle Kynaston said...

sheish...what a crazy thing. It's amazing the choices we're allowed to make. I don't know how Heavenly Father does it. It's hard for me to even let Hazel pick out her clothes for the day. haha.

Boe said...

What a challening situation. It is hard to know what to do to help. That unborn child should be the concern and whatever is done should be in it's best interests, but that is hard for those involved to see. I wish the teens could be convinced to wait. Rushing into things when there are so many emotions involved is not generally the best course of action. Sometimes free agency is a bummer.