Sunday, March 22, 2009

Catch Up

I feel like my life is in slow motion these days and very boring. Not too much happening. I put my IRB application in to do my dissertation research. For those of you who are not aware of what the IRB is it is the universities system of making sure that all research that happens with humans and animals is ethical and will not harm the participants - they are difficult to get through sometimes. SO, I headed off some problems by meeting with them first and getting answers to questions that I had before they had a chance to send it back asking me about those things. What this means is that I can't start my research until I hear back - should be after next week sometime, at least I hope.
I got an internship with the State Health Department and meet with them on Tuesday about that - mainly to see how on earth we are going to make it work. We will wait and see.

Last Sunday my Bishop talked briefly about the Lord Storehouse and how it goes beyond the tithing and fast offering that we offer each month but that it is our talents, time and ability. He asked us to sit down and think about how we/ what we do to build Zion. So, for FHE Kim and I sat and talked about hte different things we give / provide to build Zion. We had a lot of fun with it and I made a list of almost 50 things - some pretty insignificant others more in line with what I imagined the Bishop thought of when he made his request. It was a really good exercise in thinking about what we have to give, in what ways we can help and what I may be keeping a secret so that they don't call me to a certain calling. :) I would suggest that you sit down sometime and do the same thing - we want to build Zion so how are we going to do it - by helping each other!

I am working on a new quilt - I am designing it off of one that I have a pattern for. It is fun to make something my own. I will take some pictures when I am further in the process.

0 comments: