Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pulling the Plug

Well, my second to last post was about old men looking at my profile, so I am following up on that one. Dallas said in her comment that she thinks most people on those sites don't just have issues but whole prescriptions! I totally agree - leave it to Dallas to say it in a creative way! (Love ya lots) A while back in the Ensign there was a article about debt and about how some of us have none or just a little and some of use have tons and tons. The picture that went a long with it was of two people, one was driving a modern day little bug car and the other a huge van with a Uhual and boat behind it - good visual of the different amount of debt. Well, that is what I think of when I am on those sites - we all have issues of some kind but it seems most of the men on there have the van, Uhual and boat to pull with them. So, I decided to pull the plug! I deleted all of my profiles - it was very liberating. No more stupid flirts from random 60 year old men that could be my father - what do we have in common exactly? I did that on Sunday and I have loved every minute of it. Don't get me wrong I am not giving up on marriage I just want to find my husband in a more traditional way - like in person, where 60 year old men would know it was completely inappropriate to send me mail and blow virtual kisses to me. Yucky!!! SO needless to say I am feeling better.

I got this off of a friends blog, she works in DC.
Protester of the Week:
(this in no way implies my feelings towards the issue)
Gun control has been a big issue lately. Outside the Supreme Court there was a guy with a sign that read, "If Guns Kill People, Do Pens Misspell Words?"

1 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

I think you are probably wise. Human to human interaction is the best way. It's interesting to watch how people are changing and using technology instead of humanly interacting. Did you see WallE? That was one thing I loved about WallE (technology again - sorry!)