Tuesday, June 24, 2008

An Indian Wedding


Well, my friend Shreya has finally sorta nailed down the date - of course it is going to be tight and hard to work in but I will do my best. She is thinking either the week of Thanksgiving or after Dec. 5th - which is when I stop teaching. So I am not sure what to hope for on the one hand if it was Thanksgiving week then I would leave the 20th and come back the 2nd - realizing that I lose a day both ways and will be traveling for over 27 hours! So then I would get to finish up teaching on the 3rd and the 5th after taking the 1st and 21st off - I am certain my students will not mind. OR I can finsih teaching on the 5th and give my final and then pack up all my junk in a Penske truck, drive to Texas, unpack it and then fly to India in about a three day period of time - somehow that sounds impossible to me. OR she could do it a little later and I will still pack up my junk, drive as quickly as possible to Texas and then move in and fly to India for 2 weeks - which probably means that I will miss Christmas and all that I love about that. SO what do you think - what should I hope, pray and try and persaude Shreya to do?

On a fun note - an old friend had her baby this week. They thought they were having baby boy #2 and when SHE came out they were very surprised! That was yesterday - still no name they are trying to figure out what to do. I had never actually meet anyone that had that happen to them before - I guess she will just have to enjoy cars, planes and trains in her nursery!

3 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

Either time sounds stressful, but what an experience!

CYNDI said...

India sounds unreal! It would be so great to spend dome time if you have to go to all the effort to arrange everything to get there. But, we would sure miss you at Christmas! :)Emily just went to India.

Shelly Turpin said...

I like your new background.
How went the doctor?