Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!!

HAPPY EASTER everyone! What a glorious day we celebrate today. I am truly grateful for a Savior who died for me, no matter how flawed and very human I am. He loves me and did it for me - I know that to be true. HE Lives and what a amazing gift he has given us all. This week as I have prepared for today and thought about this ultimate and infinite sacrifice I have once again been touched by his love and forgiveness.
I love you all, I love my Savior and know that He lives and loves us. He has a plan for each one of us and He directs His church today.
I hope that you are able to take some time today and ponder the resurrection and the atonement and what it means in your life. There are some great articles in the Ensign this month about the atonement and the last week of the Saviors life (my Stake President quoted the later article several times in Stake conference last night) - if you need to get online and read them!
I am always reminded of Michael Penard of Muskegon Michigan that taught while I on my mission. He had a massive stroke when he was 30 and lost all abilities. Through hard work and determination he regained many of his abilities but would always be paralyzed on the left side of his body and as he walked drug that part with him. He was amazing. As we sat and taught him of the resurrected and that all would be restored to its proper frame the Spirit was so incredibly strong and tears streamed down each of our faces. The need for that promise had never been so profound in my life before. Mike is a humble man of faith and love, I hope to be more like him and my Savior one day.

0 comments: