Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

What a wonderful day it has been. I am so very blessed. I went to Stake Conference this morning, it was a broadcast from SLC, and so I settled in to watch. It was amazing - I felt like it was GC all over. We heard from a 70, Elder Cook, a general primary presidency member, Elder Oaks and then the prophet! In all my life I have never had two Sundays in a row where I got to hear the prophet speak - what an awesome thing. All the speakers were incredible and I felt immensely spiritually feed this weekend.

After conference the primary presidency and their families meet up at the Black's home. We ate and ate and talked and then ate some more. We were volunteered by Denise Black to provide the music next week in sacrament so we practiced and then ate dessert. The kids had a egg hunt while we had a short meeting to fill the primaries revolving door problem with callings and then called it good. The collage is of some of the cute kids.
There is a short article in the Ensign that touched me today. It is called "The Voice of the Good Shepherd" - an illustration of hearing the voice of the shepherd or the Savior. My thought was am I doing everything I can to really listen so I can hear. Anyway it is worth the short read and I would suggest it.

0 comments: