Sunday, April 26, 2009

Camping in Camdenton


On Friday I took half of a day off work and went camping with my friends the Blacks. We drove to Camdenton, about 2 hours a way, and were surrounded by water on all sides. It was really relaxing and fun. We ate foil dinners and hot dogs, made smores, played on the playground, sang around the campfire, ate yummy pancakes and bacon for breakfast, and played in the water, and stayed up past midnight talking. It was what I needed, it was great time and so nice to just be away from Columbia for a while.

3 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

I'm not big on camping cuz it just seems like so much work for just a little bit of pleasure, but this this sounds like it was pretty uncomplicated. Put up the tent, play, make food, talk, sleep, eat, go home! Now, if there was just such a thing as a bug spray that actually worked, I might be more inclined to go camping.

Except for our little vacay last year (awesome). "Camping" in a cabin with beds and air...that I can handle! :)

Shelly Turpin said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful break! Glad you had a good time. How do you make those scrapbook looking pages of photos?

CYNDI said...

Kathie it looks beautiful!So, why won't you go camping with us? I am a little envious of the water! How do you do your foil dinners? Jeremy and I make them differently. :) Oh and I love your craft projects - they look great1