Monday, April 20, 2009

A couple recent projects

Recently I have a need to create things and do something besides work, school or my dissertation so I have created these two things. These are my "Spring" letters - I think they came out cute and were easy. I think I will make some for other holidays as well.


These are my moss ball collection. I saw the idea somewhere but was not willing to pay for them or how much they thought I should pay for them. So I found $1 glass containers, cheap foam balls and the moss that was on sale. It still wasn't super cheap (the moss was a little pricy) but I think that they turned out better than the ones I saw.


I am grateful that I can look at something and make it mine and do it cheaper than the picture I see - I try not to let that talent go completely unused even though it is hard to find the time and money sometimes to do them.

I think that I got my itch to create after hearing Elder Utchdorf's talk again about being creative.
Click here to watch a YouTube video created about the talk - it is really great.

3 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

i love them! You are so creative.

I remember sitting in the dark and dismissing his words - I'm not creative - quite obvious by my house- and then he goes and says that bit about "those who don't feel they are creative" - ugh. Got me!

good for you!

Donna Leavitt said...

I love that talk and was just thinking about it today as I decluttered and cleaned my living room. Sometimes, just making something beautiful can really lift my spirit and make me grateful. I didn't MAKE anything, just a cleaner room and moved a few things. But it was a real pick me up! Thanks for that reminder.

Michelle Kynaston said...

very cute, i'm glad you got to do some projects. I die if I don't work on projects every few weeks. I'm glad you got to use your other talents again!