Thursday, February 12, 2009

Time

I think it would be safe to say that for most people if they were offered more time would take it willingly - thinking I can catch up on housework, reading, work, actually enjoy an activity, etc. Some people naturally have more time or seem to be able to manage their time better. So I was thinking of this recently because of things in my world - of course. I need more time in my day and I could have it if I had more energy. I have lots of things going on right now. I am working full time, taking three graduate classes (of which I am unfamiliar with the topics), trying to write my proposal (thanks everyone that has been asking me about it), trying to do my callings, VT, go to the temple, read my scriptures, get my food storage, etc, etc,etc. The list seems to go on and on - just like each one of you.
Then there are more pressing matters away from things that I have created to make my life full and there is a family that has always made my life seem full and wonderful. For those of you who are unaware my little niece (3 months) Arabella Michelle Hope Turpin is in the ICU at Texas Children's in Houston. She went back to the hospital after a 11 day stent at home after her arrival from CA. She is not doing well. WE NEED MORE TIME. We need her to get well enough and have enough time to pass that she can have surgery to fix her heart and begin to fix her lungs. We need time to pass quickly so that she is old enough and strong enough. Shelly is having success in getting them to move up the date of the surgery, but each day she gets sicker or so it seems. As I say each and every prayer during my day I think of our little Bella, her fighting spirit, and her poor parents who love her so much. I wish I could do it for them, be there to help with the other kiddos, comfort the other kiddos, but that is hard from here and so hard not to be able to do.

The hard part of time is the waiting of course - waiting to see if Bella is strong enough to have surgery, waiting to see what the doctor says, etc. Bella puts life into sperpective for me - I am not as worried about deadlines and difficult tests and much more concerned about real things and real life experience.