Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Motivation to finish

I usually don't have trouble feeling motivated to finish things - when I have a deadline that is. My proposal has no deadline and the way it is going back and forth between me and my adviser who know if I can even give myself one. I have worked on it and plan on sending it back to her tomorrow by the end of the work day (it is nice that I can work on things at work) but who knows what she will say when she gets it. I am having a hard time even liking it right this second. I told my boss that if there was a degree to quit it would be this one. The whole process has taken way too long and is so frustrating in nature that I often want to scream and have to settle for complaining about it to anyone that will listen. So, here you are you poor reader listening to me grip. A favor please, if you read this and then talk to me soon (the next few weeks) please ask me how it is going and if I have worked on it. I am hoping enough people asking will put some fire under my bum and I will just do it.

Some good news to go along with my rant. I talked to the woman in charge of research at the local health department and I will be able to do an internship there! Yeah for me! I will get to work on two different projects. I will know more on Monday after I meet with her so I will update you then. I was nervous about calling and put it off for some time, I know very silly, but I am shy still and just force myself to be outgoing. Anyway, the last three years here have introduced me to a variety of people and they all seem to be involved in things at the health department so I have some really big "ins". That is really nice - it helps to know the right people and I am being very very blessed that it will be work that I can start and do slowly, work from home, my office and the health department, it is working with both nutrition and low-income rural moms - how much more perfect can you ask for? I love when a plan comes together (liked it better when I got to watch the A Team perform the plan and not me but still) it is great to see hard work pay off and the Lords hand in my life.

1 comments:

debra said...

This will be too long so I will probably emial you but I drive by a small community off 1774 whenever I go or come from Tomball. It is small with tiny houses and trailers and you always see Hispanic women waiting for their kids by the railroad tracks to pick them up/bring them back. Anyway, if you drive by you always see a family or woman walking down the road to the gas station to buy groceries. I thought about your proposal/plan and thought, yes this is what Kathie is talking about. The women don't have transportation and so they shop in this little bitty gas station/grocery shop. I can see where your plan would go now. Love, Mama