Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Wallen Baby

About the time I was writing last night about how Suzan's baby hadn't come yet she was pushing Abby into the world. Her water broke about 7 or so on Tuesdays night and about 24 hours later at 7:10pm Abby came, she dilated very slowly but she did it. She end up getting 2 epidurals because the first one did not work, had drugs and was up all night but she was a champion through it all! When I get pictures I will post them.
So here are the stats:
Abigail Elaine Wallen
7 lb 8 oz
20 inches long
dark hair that is already an 1 1/2 inches long
cute as a button (never been sure what that means!)
Suzan says she is a great nurser but not such a good sleeper :).
Suzan will be going home tomorrow. The timing is working out perfect. Lee (the hubby) will be home for a week and then I come in on the 23rd-31st and then her mom will come on the 2nd or 3rd because Lee is headed off for work so things will be good. I am really excited to see both of them!
The past few years have taught me how incredible each live birth is and how very grateful I am for the children in my life. I am just so thankful for all the sacrifices that I watch the amazing woman in my life so that they can bring children into the world - it has taught me so much - you guys are awesome!

0 comments: