Thursday, November 5, 2009

I am thankful for Young Woman

When I was in YW's as a girl I enjoyed the leaders, activities, spirit, opportunities for growth both in leadership and goal setting and achieving but now as a teacher I see it differently. The YW Theme:
We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him.
We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things,
and in all places" (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live
the Young Women values, which are:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity and
Virtue.
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants,
receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.


The theme and ideas in it has blessed my life in so many ways - reminding me of who I am, God's plan for me and what I should be doing to work on myself. At 17 I recived the YW recognition and now as a leader I am working on it again. What a fabulous program.

Last night our ward had YW in Excellence and the girls did a great job singing, presenting their projects and being good examples of how to work on something of worth and finish it. I am grateful for the program then and now and for my chance to be a part of it.

1 comments:

Donna Leavitt said...

I thought you were in the Primary residency? But you can work on your award AGAIN? I didn't know that. I thought I heard something about being able to earn it if you didn't in your youth....