Saturday, November 7, 2009

I am Thankful for Baptism

A little update first: Josiah is doing very well, incredibly so actually. He went home the day after his fall. Just wanted make sure everyone knew so they can stop asking. :)

Today I went to Kiersten Rule's baptism, she is the grandduaghter of Brother and Sister Steed who live in Houston. Her mom, Amy was 12 when I meet her, such a sweet girl and now woman. The baptism went well and just got me thinking about all of the baptisms I have been to in my life. My own in Singapore, I remember cold water - that is about it. And then more family and fiends than I can count. It is always a wonderful day accompained by a wonderful Spirit. I am grateful and thankful to know of the narrow gate that leads us back to our Heavenly Father. Thankful for the covenants I made and the ones the Lord made with me. Grateful for the sacrament so I can be just as clean and pure as Kiersten again each and every week.

1 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

I love attending baptisms. My testimony is always renewed and strengthened when I go..

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't really remember their baptism. What I do remember is my interview with my bishop and in particular when he asked me if I believed that Joseph Smith is a prophet. To this day I get a warm feeling in my heart whenever I think back on that day or in general think of Joseph Smith. I use that feeling a lot to remind myself that it is all true.