Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I am Thankful for Teachers/being a Teacher

Throughout my life I have been blessed with great and amazing teachers - starting with my mom who have inspired me and encouraged me through life. I was not a little girl that was dying to teach, that was Shelly. I was not one that ever thought of becoming a professor or even teaching at church. That sounded like work for other people smarter and more dedicated than me. But I have found as I was inspired and encouraged that I love to teach. I love to watch as others learn - anything from their ABCs to the the gospel of Jesus Christ. Some of my most favorite callings have been teaching - Relief SOciety (4 yrs), primary and now Young Woman.

It is nice that now as an adult I have the opportunity to give back and maybe inspire and encourage the girls and students that I work with. There is just something very freeing about sharing my knowledge and beliefs with others and I am grateful for whatever talent that I have in the area.

0 comments: