Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th Celebrations

Well, as you can see I did have an enjoyable afternoon at the baptism.  In the morning I did an interview for work with a great couple.  After the baptism I went over to the Blacks and we had a very yummy dinner to celebrate both Jaron and the 4th of July.  We had BBQ chicken, potato salad, macaroni salad, tons of fresh vegetables (some from the garden), baked beans, watermelon, and it went on.  Most of us ended up with two paper plates because there was just too much good things to chose from and not enough room - you can never complain about that.  Denise did a great job with everything and no one went away hungry  - more like stuffed.  Another family from the ward the Slade's came over and we did fireworks and ate some yummy cake and ice cream.  From the pictures you can tell the boys like it a lot!

P7040949

P7040957

P7040961

P7040970

P7040969

It was a great day!  I am so grateful for this country, the men and woman who have fought and died for it, the founding fathers whose wisdom was beyond their years, for the freedoms we have and the ones I cherish.  I love this country and just pray that we all may keep her strong.

2 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

looks like y'all had a wonderful time! :)

Michelle Kynaston said...

I'm glad you had a great 4th! The food sounds delicious...making my tummy grumble just thinking of it!