Saturday, January 24, 2009

Motivation

I haven't been posting much because I have been unmotivated to do anything but the bare minimum of my life. I understand that is a lot but I expect more out of myself than that so this is a post to try and fix that situation. School is going great - I finally starting working on my proposal again and sent it to my adviser today. My new classes seem to be very interesting, my fellow students warm friendly and diverse and the expectations very doable! Thank goodness. I have a wonderful boss and job were I get great experience and opportunities to learn new things each day and for the first time in my life a job where I can study if I get everything done - so weird and wonderful all at the same time. I talked my new Bishop and HT into allowing me to keep my primary calling and having to keep my stake calling. Things seem to be going well but I am so tired and right now sick (a very yucky cold) that I don't have much motivation to do anything but keep up. So, I am making sure that changes - I am not sure how because I have to blow my nose every 2 or 3 minutes but I will have more energy and be healthier soon!!!
I was talking with a colleague yesterday about how I got my job and as I told her the story I was happy to be able to talk to her about praying for guidance and help in finding and getting a job and her reaction of yeah, it really helps. I am so grateful for good, whole some people that I get to work with, around, etc. I feel very blessed. In October Heather, Issac, Hannah, Kim and I went through a corn maze, I blogged about it then, this was one of the pictures I took. We were standing on a metal bridge trying to figure out what to do next, specifically because we were looking for certain questions to answer. Every time that this picture flashes across my screen on my computer I think about how much that is like each one of us sometimes. We climb high trying to figure out what to do next because we have questions we need answered when all we really have to do is raise our voice up to HF and then listen. Shelly has been in CA getting Arabella this last week and she has talked about how strong she is and what a fighter she is - I hope that as HF looks down that she can think that of me (probably not always but at least sometimes) a fighter for the right, for good, for families, for a strong country, for the gospel.

1 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

A good honest post. I'm sure once you start to feel better things will snap back into place. I learned a lesson yesterday. I had been up all night with Arabella (rooming in) and hadn't eaten a decent meal since lunch the previous day. I found myself weepy and totally spent. I left Arabella with the nurses, went and had breakfast and a shower, and felt like a new woman. I hear so often about "taking care of yourself" but it seems that people use it as an excuse for a lot of self-centered activities. But I learned yesterday, how important it really is. I hope that you feel better soon. I am grateful that you get to continue in your calling. My calling is a reservoir for me to re-fill at. Take care. I love you.