Saturday, January 17, 2009

First Week and Half of My New Job

I started my new job on Jan7th and it is going really well. I have done 5 interviews in the last week and have 3 scheduled for next week. We are doing training and meeting with all of the key players in the next week or so. It seems to be going well. I have the most wonderful boss ever and love the nursing school environment. I need to make some friends because it is kinda lonely by myself in my office. I am so very grateful for this job, the opportunity and connections that I am making as I work. Friday morning I had run out of projects to work on and so decided to study for my classes next week. My boss came in and I told her that I didn't have enough to do so she gave me a few more projects which I got done quickly and the next time I saw her and gave my report on things she said "I thought this might be a problem" and so of course I ask "what?" and she said "keeping you busy enough". I thought it was funny, but I am not one that can take forever to do something simple so I think that it will be the perfect job while going to school - I can work on my school work, etc and finish up everything that is asked of me without any problem. What a wonderful blessing!
On Wed. my home teachers came over (now my bishop and his son) and it was really funny as I lobbied (this was his word) to keep my calling as he listened to all I have to do. I didn't mention that I have to do a internship that goes on forever, about a year in all because I have to put in 360 hours by the end. I am hoping to do that at the Boone Co. Health Department. My boss said oh yeah! - I know that person I will tell her that you are going to call and get the process going. So, that should be easy to get. I am grateful yet again that the Lord is in charge of my life and not me - I am limited by my very human mind and abilities.

3 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

And I sometimes complain about being tired at the end of my work day! :D Compared to your schedule, I'm living on vacation!! LOL

Shelly Turpin said...

You amaze me Kath. Keep on keepin on! Oh! And I understand the lobbying - do that myself from time to time :)

CYNDI said...

Can I say again that you are incredible. I really hope that the studying for school will fit in during the work day. That will really help things. I love you and am so glad things are falling into place.