Thursday, April 1, 2010

Passover

So today, Thursday, is the day that the Savior would have celebrated Passover - so why did I celebrate it on Tuesday? Well, Passover does not always actually align with Easter, I think I mentioned that in the last blog, and this week it was amazing to celebrate it with my friends on the same week. My friends, the Blacks, will be celebrating it tonight in lu of the Last Supper. As I was reading about the Last Supper this morning I was reminded of the Saviors gentle spirit. He never forces anyone into doing anything and uses love and long-suffering to lead, as well as a host of other talents and skills He has I hope some day to be able to be more like him.


As we read and remembered the blessings and miracles that occured at the Lord's hand with the Israelites I am always impressed by their determination.

In Luke we read about the Last Supper and the Savior washing the feet of His disciples and the symbolism for us all that the master is no greater than the servant. This year I have been continually reminded this year of agency and how important that is in the Lord plan. It often seems really hard to watch someone make choices that I know will bring them sadness and grief or to think that I am right and that the other person is wrong. Yet, what a beautiful part of the plan it is that we get to make a new choice each day to repent and come back to the Savior or turn away with our actions and decisions. I hope over time that I can overcome my weaknesses and be better at continually making the right choices in every aspect of my daily life.

0 comments: