Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Conversation Among Men and Photos

Today is Jason Black's birthday and so I went and watched the 4 big kids so that Denise and Jason and Gilead could go on a date. Happy Birthday Jason, hope 34 treats you well! While watching the boys I overheard some very interesting conversations between Ephraim (6) and Simeon (4). They went like this:

S: When I grow up I am going to be a MAN!
E: Well, that is a lot of work you know to be a good man, like Daddy and President Reall.
S: What kind of work?
E: I don't know but it takes a lot of time at church!

As a side note Jason is the secretary to our Stake President who was just sustained as a General Authority on Saturday during conference and the boys sometimes get to accompany their dad after church on Sunday to the Stake offices while Pres. has his interviews. E. is right is does take a lot of work to become a good man or woman!

Minutes later in the conversation I hear:

S: I am not a mammal.
E: Yes, you are!
S: No
E: Mammals have hair and we have hair, mammals feed their babies milk and mommy feeds Gilead milk - see we are mammals.

I would appreciate that kind of logical when I defend my dissertation - she said she would do XXXX and she did XXX - she passes - yeah Kathie!

S: Do you think that yellow butterfly has a mommy?
E: I don't know, why?
S: Because mommy's take care of us and feed us and love us

Thought Denise and all other mothers might want to hear that - Mommy's are really important!

Here are the covenanted pictures of Elizabeth Jayne - I have not seen her and did not take these photos but she just looks huge. Marlissa wasn't pleased with the invasion of another baby into her life last night and wouldn't look at her - in the picture below she is a least facing her. Could be a long couple of months at the beginning of this!

Elizabeth in all her 10 pound glory - she just looks so huge!

Rob, Marlissa and Elizabeth - not sure why Rob is looking down.

Caleb, Katie, Marlissa, Elizabeth, Grandma Sarah and Sammy

3 comments:

asiaelizabeth said...

She is enormous! You need to get to feeding the other 4 though they are so skinny!

Shelly Turpin said...

She is half grown! Oh my!
I can't wait to get my hands on her! :)

asiaelizabeth said...

They all look so much like their DAD!Good luck, Rob must have some strong genes.