Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Writing


This cartoon really explains my feelings about writing lately.

I have come to almost hate writing lately. I am working on my dissertation and trying to write up an academic paper from my time at one of my internships and boy I am not enjoying it at all. There are days that I have a clear mind and things sorta flow, not like before when I could actually sit down and just write, but better than other days recently. But I am truly grateful for those days that I can write.
Academic Journal Paper
As I stare at all of this data and wonder how to make sense of what we did, how we interpret it, and then put it into 14-20 pages I am a bit overwhelmed. I could probably talk about the many results we had for a good 10 pages, so again writing less is much more difficult. So, like I have been told many times I am just writing a draft and then we will work from there.
Dissertation
Well, the dissertation is another story all together - I actually want to work on it more than this other paper - now you are sensing how much I don't want to work on the journal article if I want to work on my dissertation. I have many friendly reminders from people that love me that it is Feb. and I should be almost done - wish I was. I am making progress - just need more of those days when my mind is clear and I feel like myself and can remember why I chose this topic and that I actually like it and everything. :) Which has become harder to remember with every week that passes. I am trying to be defended by the time I get married so that should be interesting to say the least. I am hoping that it comes together soon.

2 comments:

Donna Leavitt said...

I am so sorry this has been such a difficult time for you lately. So much pressure. But I also have faith in you to do what you can and make things work after that. I love you and you are in my prayers.

Shelly Turpin said...

Oh Kath - praying so hard for you to make it through this semester. Not just through, but do well. I pray for your head. I love ya