Sunday, September 20, 2009

Changes

Well, this life is all about changes - some good, some nuetral, some not as good but all changes non the less. On Friday I found out that I will not have a job come January. The project is going much faster than expected and there is no reason to keep me on after that time period. I wasn't completely surprised so that was good. I immediately put out some feelers for jobs and it looks like I will be able to teach 4 classes in the Spring for MACC and I am still looking for some other random job to make up the difference in pay. I am hoping that I will be able to find something fairly quickly.

The good things about this change:
* no figuring out what to do at work when the actual work part is done and we still have 20 hours left in the week
* more time to work on my dissertation, classes, etc
* time to go and interview for jobs if I need to do that
* longer time at home at Christmas :)

The bad:
not as much money
a more random work schedule
no help with tuition

So it seems the good out weigh the bad - just wish money didn't play such a large factor in my life!

Another Change - I am getting older this week. I feel very blessed with loving friends and family who have asked about celebrating with me! I feel very loved. This birthday is only reminding me that I need to get out of school already! I am feeling a bit trunky in school at this moment - only in thought becuase my classes keep me too bust for it to be in action!

I hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Amy R. said...

Hi Kathie--I hope you have a very Happy Birthday this week. I sure miss living near you. Like you said, sometimes changes is good, and sometimes it's bad. Hope this will be a change for good. Amy R.

Donna Leavitt said...

You'll have a birthday, shout hooray! We want to sing to you today. One year older and wiser, too. Happy birthday TO YOU!!!! Just imagine we are there to sing to you on Tuesday. We love you bunches!!!!!

Michelle Kynaston said...

sorry that change has to happen - it's usually for the better in the end I've found, but can be so hard during. I hope you have happiness in the new changes though.

Happy Birthday on Tuesday! I love you and hope that you are happy!

love,
cherilyn