Sunday, December 14, 2008

Update

Well it has been a while and I have been so busy that I couldn't write. Last weekend I went to Houston to see my niece Jessica AnnTurpin be baptized. I flew in on Friday and Beth picked me up and we went and got dinner and then drove to the farm and hung out - after she left I fell into bed at 1am. Nathan and Mandy came and got me up about 8:30 the next morning and we had a fun day. We played football, soccer and walked around the farm, helped Daddy to cut up some of the remaining trees from Ike and then were off to the baptism. I don't have any pictures because Mama was taking them but I will post them later when I get them.

The baptism went well and then we went to the Turpins to have a celebration dinner for Jess. Becca's birthday was the day before (she is now officially a teenager - scary! :) ) . I am so proud of Jessi for making this important decision and being so excited about being baptized!

Monday we went to Rudy's to eat lunch and then we went to Shelly's to make gingerbread house with the girls, after we went and saw Asia's beautiful new house! The houses came out nice and I stayed the night with Shelly's family - we went caroling for FHE and had a fun time.

Tuesday morning dawned very early - 4:20 to be exact - I had to be at the airport at 5:20. Shelly and Lizzy were nice enough to take me to the airport. Thanks! What was supposed to be a 5 hour trip became a 13 hour trip because of weather and I was very happy to be home.

Wednesday I got up and went and gave finals! Then to help a friend and then gave another final. It was a long day - I left at 6:30am and got home at 8:45pm.

Thursday I worked and then Friday I gave more finals, turned in my grades and then worked until 6:30.

Saturday I got all kinds of things done and then went to help out for the Christmas party - it was a great success about 300 people came! It was very nice.

In the meantime I was excepted into my MPH program here and start in about a month or so. So next semester I will be working full time, doing my dissertation and taking 3 classes - should be busy!

5 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

You and weather related flight delays!!! :)

Can't wait to see you in a few days!

asiaelizabeth said...

You are insane but I know you can do it!

jturpin said...

We loved having you here! Congrats on getting into the MPH program. Knew you would, but it's still wonderful!

jturpin said...

that was me - shelly, BTW! :)

Michelle Kynaston said...

awe...rudys?? i miss that place. i'm glad you got to make it home and then back safely again. love you. merry christmas!