Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Letter

I sent this to most people but wanted to get it on the blog for anyone that didn't receive one.

Merry Christmas 2008  clip_image002

Merry Christmas! I hope that this letter finds you and your family happy and healthy. For me Christmas time is always full of wonder, excitement and anticipation and this year is no different for me. I am in awe of a Savior who came to earth and lived among men. I love the opportunity to celebrate, contemplate and witness of His birth. I love the excitement and joy that seems to come into the lives of all during this time and the service and love that is extended sometimes by strangers. The spirit of Christ seems to radiate from others, what a blessing to us all.

This year has been busy for me like all of you. As 2008 started I began my preparation for my comprehensive exams in my PhD program. The journey and things learned along the way will never be forgotten. Just before the semester ended I proposed my dissertation and will begin work on my research at the beginning of 2009. I have been blessed with opportunities to teach, conduct research, and serve others while providing for me needs. I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life each and every month and I am so grateful.

This summer my family had an incredible family reunion in Nauvoo, IL. Everyone except Ben, my brother-in-law who is currently working in Iraq, was in attendance and we had a wonderful time. All 31 of us were able to see the sights, have a great FHE, attend the pageant and most importantly we were able to seal Joy Turpin to our family! What a wonderful week.

In August my friend Dallas and I took a trip to South Dakota. It was a great trip, we saw Mount Rushmore, the Crazy Horse Monument, numerous national parks, etc. I loved the beauty and peace of the land and got to hang out for a week with a great friend.

In the coming year I will start a full-time position with the School of Nursing at the University of Missouri in January 2009. I will be running a research study until August 2010. In addition to working I will be finishing my PhD program and working on a Masters of Public Health (yes another degree J ). I am excited about this opportunity and the anticipation of finishing my PhD.

Each year as I read other people’s Christmas letters I am in awe of how blessed my friends and family are. What a blessing it is in my life to have so many wonderful and faithful people that surround me. I am so excited to spend Christmas this year in Houston with my family (we will miss Bob and his family) and the joy we have being together. I am excited about the recent additions to our family and the anticipated little ones that will come to our family soon, it truly is great to be an aunt.

May the Lord bless you, may you feel the Spirit of the Lord in your life, may you be blessed with the joy this season brings.

clip_image002 

Have a Very Merry Christmas and make 2009 a wonderful year!

0 comments: