Monday, October 4, 2010

Still Here and Kicking

Well, just in case you were wondering if I am still alive I am. We have been busy and someday when I have a couple of hours I will edit and post pictures from our honeymoon and wedding. But for now I am living, just busy.

Job News
We have been greatly blessed. Rob started a job as a campus analyst for Lonestar College last Monday. So far so good. He is in charge of a campus about 25 minutes from here - which in Houston is an awesome commute.

Me - I hope to start a job on the 18th of Oct. I am waiting on the offical offer from HR and they said it should be the first of this week. It is as a research coordinator with the University of Texas, School of Public Health. I will be running a study and assisting with another - both deal with cancer prevention through screenings and vaccinations. I am excited even though it will change our almost developed normal again but it will all work out. My biggest struggle is putting Marlissa and Elizabeth in a daycare I trust to love and care for them. I know it will be fine but my heart hurts a little when I think about it.

Family News
We are settling into what we think is normal life with two parents and 5 kiddos. Over all things are going well - there are adjustments but there are always adjustments and Rob and I are continually amazed at how much the Lord blesses us each day. We have a great ward, good friends, a lovely home to live in, supportive and loving family and 5 great kiddos. We are richly blessed.

Fun
We have been able to do some fun things, like parties, going to the beach, etc. We love having a great park down the street from us. We enjoy it a lot and the kids love to be able to ride their bikes around and play with friends. This weekend we enjoyed amazing weather by taking walks, playing at my parents farm and watching General Conference. Rob and I were able to go to the temple on Friday night and it was wonderful. What a great weekend it was.

0 comments: