Friday, July 16, 2010

Short News Update

Dissertation Update:
If you haven't heard - on Tuesday I had my dissertation defense and I passed. I made the corrections and now am waiting the feedback from my advisor. Should know something on Monday.

Moving Update:
Rob, I and the babies traveled to Atlanta last weekend to find a place to live. A long story short we felt that Atlanta was not where the Lord wanted us right now, as we looked I became more nervous and anxious and there was absolutely no peace. So, we talked about things we discussed moving into my parents rental home (which is where I lived in HS). Their renters broke their lease and moved out 2 weeks before Rob and I got married so it was empty, plenty big (much bigger than what we were looking at), and a home I love. So we called my parents and talked to them and they agreed to us renting the house! Yeah for having wonderful parents! So, after my defense we packed and then yesterday we packed the truck, cleaned the apartment and drove the truck to Herrin. We got here about 4:20am - the babies slept the entire time but did sleep in some so we got about 4 hours. We will be moving to Houston this weekend so we are trying to finish everything up here in Herrin. Lucky for the kids school doesn't start till August 23rd!

More updates to come on this and the other blog but we need to get settled first so please be patient.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow double whammy huge news!! First of all, congrats on the successful defense!!! That's terrific! For she's a jolly good fella, hurrah, harrooh!

Second, moving to Houston! That sounds wonderful! Being near family is so great. Look at you, near family, near temple, near international airport. A dream come true.

Well done, Kathie!

Blarney Girl said...

Call/email/facebook me Monday...I'm busy Tuesday evening, but can help you guys any other day of the week. Let me know.

Donna Leavitt said...

I'm so excited!!! Let me know what we can do to help!